Reading Notes: Epified Mahabharata, Part A

 These reading notes are over Part A of Epified: Mahabharata, which is made by Epified.

Plot Notes:

  • It's always nice to refresh yourself on such an engaging and expansive story like the Mahabharata, and these videos reminded me that there is so many different factors building up in the narrative. All characters hold importance at some point, including the author himself. There's so many stories to pick from that it can be a bit difficult to choose just one to re-tell.
  • I think I'm going to re-tell Amba's Ruin, as it was a concise story with a defined beginning and end. I'm still unsure if I will shift the details around or try to expand on specific parts, such as the dialogue, but I do enjoy the story. If I want to completely re-tell the story, I'll keep the central plot of revenge and an epic battle in place, but I'd try to make it in a futuristic setting with a battle arena. Furthermore, rather than Amba asking the sage to fight Bhishma, Amba herself could fight him but with technology. It'd definitely be an interesting story, and I may want to keep the same names but completely change the environment and see how the story feels. Most of my stories haven't been in a cyberpunk setting, so it'll be cool to try something new!

Style Notes:

  • I really enjoy the medium in which the story is told. These condensed versions and divisions between each story makes it a lot easier to follow. The Mahabharata is a really long epic, and it can be really confusing to follow at times, but the separate videos make it a nice pace to follow.
  • I also appreciate the artistic style on how the story is told. The animation makes it engaging, and the art style makes it distinct and not too distracting. Each character can be easily differentiated based on how they're drawn, but the style is really approachable. Above all, it's very entertaining to watch for both the narrative and the art.

A futuristic city. Source: Pixabay

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to Ish

Week 3 Story: Hanu the Dog