Time Strategies

 Time management is an important aspect in keeping up with asynchronous online classes. Without meetings or a defined structure, it's easy to procrastinate and push off work until the last minute, but this approach causes unnecessary stress and hinders the learning process. Rather than meaningfully engaging with the material and confronting challenges, students who lack time management will produce work that isn't as thoughtful as it could be. For this class, it's important to develop a schedule and stick by it; the consistent workload of readings, projects, and blog posts all require pacing to complete the material and effectively learn. Procrastination can creep in at any time, but it's important to just get started. Rather than delaying our goals or watching one more show, the act of beginning provides that initial momentum to prevent procrastination and unnecessary delays. This article reminded me that starting is half the battle, and it's important to gain that initial momentum. Furthermore, the article on checklists re-affirmed my usage of listing off goals for the day; the feeling of satisfaction after completing these goals motivates me to keep working while managing my time effectively. The article also notes that it's essential these goals are SMART, which stands for specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound. I plan to continue using checklists to make sure I manage my time effectively, and I'll be sure to remind myself of the importance of just getting started when I lack motivation.


An image of time management. Source: PixaBay


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to Ish

Week 3 Story: Hanu the Dog